0024-Beauty and the Beast part2 sentence

2016-01-09

Then, demanding that he journey far away to increase their wealth,
she took her two heartless daughters and arrived at her new husband's home,
where until then, only love and gentle consideration had been known.

The first thing is to put this daughter of his in her place.

雙重所有格   this daughter of his
a friend of my father's .
我父親的一個朋友。
any book of his sister's .
他姊姊的任何一本書。

the sooner the better   越快越好
She'll soon find out who's running this place.
not give an inch   寸步不讓
Remember-don't waver an inch.
I didn't mean to say anything that would offend you.
whatever we have is yours too from now on.
but don't think that we could ever take you into our family.
And if she expects to live here, she might as well know she'll have to work
for her keep
I'm sure that she'll never be anything else but a scullery maid.
I guess someday she'll learn to be useful.
You'll scatter the cinders all about the room.
Ha! look at her, girls! Try to hide in them, were you?
Never around when you want her!
Start to curl my hair.
The Prince is to dance with me tonight.
you'd better do hers.  hers  (she的所有代名詞)她的東西,她的家屬(或有關的人)
My hair's easy to dress because it's naturally lovely.
Your hair is lovely? Ha! then so is a horse's tail.
Don't make fun of me any more !
if only to watch from a corner.
I'll tell the Prince that you sent your regards.
A Fairy Godmother can do anything.
do as I say.
Fetch me that pumpkin by the pantry door.
The pumpkin by the pantry door.
do you see this magic wand I have in my hand?
Open the door of the trap and let them out one at a time
at a time  每次;一次
they're the prettiest I ever saw !
Can  a princess drive her own carriage?
What a jolly driver he'll make!
Wherever will I find them?
You don't know the magic of fairies, do you?
it's nothing but rags.
-------------------------------------
not + but  句型
not…but…意?“不是……而是……
not…but…例句?解:
The meal is not for one, but for many to enjoy. ???不是?了一?人的,而是供大家享用的。
句中not…but…意?“不是……而是……”,but表示?折;?似表?not only…but also…意?“不但…

…而且……”,表示??。
如:
He wants to buy not a skirt, but a dress.
他想?的不是一?短裙,而是一??衣裙。
She is no a doctor but an actress(他不是?生而是演?)
not后接被否定的?容,but后面接被?可的事?。
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The loveliest slippers I've ever seen.
最高級 + ever
ever用在肯句定時,唯一出現在「最高級」的句型中
You are the most beautiful girl (that) I have ever seen. 你是我見過最美麗的女孩!
 This is the most interesting book that I have ever read.( 這是我看過有趣的書
never + 比較級
否定?与比???用?,并?有否定意味,相反,表?了最高?的涵?。例如:
I have never seen a better film than this. 我?未看?比?部?影更好的?影了。
I don't think I have ever been happier in my life. 我想我一生中??有?么高??。
---What did you think of the film last night? ---It couldn’t be better.

thank you a thousand times.
In spite of her stepmother's refusal, Cinderella, aided by her fairy godmother, drove to the

ball.
I need nothing more than to gaze to you.
Why haven't I known you before?
What kingdom do you rule?
We have so longed to know you, Your Highness.
Your Highness  大人
I must see the Princess for  a moment to discuss a matter of state.
How would you feel if you discovered I weren't really a princess?
It wouldn't matter in the least.
Here is her little glass slipper, right on the castle step.
The strangest thing I ever saw!
the horses, the coach ...   Everything disappeared!  and from( out of nowhere )
six little lizards chased six little mice over  the tracks.
It doesn't tell me where the Princess is!
Now don't tell me you can get so much as one foor in the glass slipper!
Didn't you  know that the beautiful princess lost one of her glass slippers at the coronation

ball  the other night?
Make way for His Highness the Prince!
Open in the name of the Prince!
Now  if you put your right foot on the pillow.
try on the slipper.
I wouldn't have such small feet anyhow
not + any*** 句型
without an effort it slipped right on her foot.
It was I who danced with you. and here is the mate to the slipper in my pocket.
here is the mate to  跟我最相配的
in my pocket   在我的掌控之中
就是我跟你跳舞的,因為我知道我的腳跟那玻璃鞋最符合
Will you be my bride and queen and rule my kingdom with me?
Then let the wedding chimes announce that I have found the lady of my heart.
Cinderella, the loveliest maiden in all the world, has promised to be my queen!

沒有留言:

張貼留言