0025-Hansel & Gretel sentence

2016-01-27

You  think  I'm  just  gonna  peck  at  crumbs  you  lay  out
Give  me  some  crumb  clue.
Once  upon  a  time  there  lived  at  the  edge  of    a  great  forest  a  poor  woodcutter  and    his  two

children,Hansel  and  Gretel.
Hansel  and  Gretel  overheard  their  stepmother  urging  a  terrible  plan  on  their  father.
"What'  s  on  your  mind?"  =  What's  troubling/worrying  you?
"What's  in  your  mind?"  =  What  are  you  thinking  about?
And  a  fine  lot  of  good  that'll  do  when  you're  dead  of  starvation
當你餓死的時候,會知道它們的好
without  a  doubt
someone  (who  can  take)  better  care  of  them  than  we  can.
no  matter  who  it  is,  the  children  couldn't  be  worse  off  than  they  are  with  us.
what  can  father  do  when  she  makes  up  her  mind?
Look  at  the  pebbles  in  the  path  ,  glistening  in  the  moonlight.
The  way  we'll  find  our  way  back.
we  can  follow  the  path  of  the  pebbles  and  find  our  way  home  again.
it's  the  sun  shining  on  the  chimney.
I'm  dropping  the  pebbles  every  few  feet.
you  must  let  them  stop  a  moment  and  rest.  we've  come  miles.
Now  we'll  build  a  fire  here  in  the  open.
here's  some  bread  for  you  and  Hansel-for  lunch.
You  father  and  I  are  going  a  bit  farther  into  the  forest  now.
I'll  light  the  fire  now.
Now  just  one  thing  before  we  go.
Don't  wander  off  trying  to  find  us.
I  can't  bear  it.
I  dropped  those  silvery  pebbles  all  along  the  way.
Now  all  we  have  to  do  is  wait  till  night  comes.
句型
      all  we  have  to  do  ....  我們能做的就是

the  fire's  making  me  sleepy.
Let's  both  lie  down  and  sleep  and  get  rested  for  our  long  walk  home  tonight.
it's  shining  on  those  pebbles  at  the  edge  of  the  clearing.
It's  going  to  be  easy  to  find  our  way  home.
it  ...  to...
before  you  know  it,  we  'll  be  home  safe  and  sound.
句型
        before  you  know  it    很快地  -  快到連自己都沒有察覺
how  on  Earth,oh,  you  bad  children!
How  on  earth    (常用於疑問句後加強語氣)究竟,  到底
where  have  you  been?
why  did  you  wander  away  and  get  lost  ,  so  we  couldn't  find  you?
I  ought  to  spank  both  of  you.
tomorrow  it'll  be  a  different  story.
My  prayers  were  answered  tonight.
I  can't  imagine  (  what  sort  of  trick  they  used  )  to  find  their  way  back  here  tonight,
they  shan't    use  it  tomorrow.
this  bread  she  gave  us  for  our  lunch.
I'll  crumble  it  ,  and  mark  the  way  with  crumbs.
what's  holding  you  up?
come  along  now  and  stop  lagging.
The  path  is  so  rough  along  here.
hold  my  hand,  Gretel,  so  you  won't  fall  over  the  roots  of  the  trees.
have  you  enough  bread?
there's  not  a  single  bread    crumb  anywhere.
not  +  anywhere
what  could've  happened  to  them?
I  think  I  know  what  happened.
I  should  have  realized  it  while  I  was  doing  it.
      while    +  進行式
it  was  the  birds  -  they  flew  down  and  ate  the  bread  crumb  I  droped.
Those  crumbs  were    all  (  we  had  )  to  mark  our  path  home.
all  是代名詞  pron.
it's  no  use.
surely  we'll  find  a  path  that  leads  somewhere.  but  we  don't.
What's  going  to  become  of  us,  Hansel?  will  we  just  starve  to  death  ?
to  death  :    極度
                  He  was  tired  to  death  after  a  day  '  s  work  .    
                  工作了一天他累得要死。
it's  almost  as  though  he  wanted  us  to  follow  him.
it  looks  almost  as  though  it  were  made  of  gingerbread.
We  haven't  eaten  anything  for  three  day,  we're  starved.
I  wouldn't  think  of  being  crossed.
it's  nice  and  cozy.
I'll  give  you    a  real  supper  of  strawberries  and  (  cream  and  sugared  )  pancakes.
You'll  find  it  ever  so  nice  inside  with  all  sorts  of  goodies  to  eat  .
that's  right  ...in  you  go.
I  think  you  would  both  make  very  tasty  meals.
I  think  your  brother  here  would  fatten    up  more  quickly  than  you.
I  think  you'll  be  just  about  plump  enough  to  eat  by  my  birthday.
Here  is  cage  in  which  I  keep  you  till  you're  plump  enough  for  a  tasty  feast!  In  with    you  now.
You  can  fetch  water  and  cook  the  meals  that  will  fatten  up  your  brother.
you  can  be  in  charge  of  my  birthday  dinner.
Dascha  will  see  to  it  you  do  as  you  re  told.
Don't  try  any  tricks  while  I'm  gone.
you'll  have  me  crying  too.
I'm  supposed  to  feed  you.
you'll  grow  fat  !!
Who  would've  thought  anybody  so  horrible  could  live  in  such  a  nice  little  gingerbread  house?
Who  would've  thought    +  that  S  V(  could  V)
Dascha  always  barks  twice  when  she's  coming.
She  'll  want  me  to  stick  my  arm  out  between  the  bars  so  she  can  feel  it.
what's  the  matter  with  her?  Is  she  half  blind?
She  can  hardly  see.
Hansel,  (give  me  back  that  piece  of  meat  )    I  just  give  you.  Quickly.
還給我剛才我給你的那塊肉
Wouldn't  you  like  to  have  this  nice  piece  of  meat  in  exchange  for  that  bone  of  yours?
bone  of  yours  雙所有格
it's  worth  to  try    值得一試
You  must  be  getting  nice  and  fat  by  now.
why  your  arm  is  not  a  bit  fatter
it's  thinner  if  anything
it  seems  so  to  me.
it  seems  as  though    看樣子...;  看起來...;  似乎...;  好像...
it  feels  like  nothing  but  bone.
      (用於nothing,  nobody,  who,  all等詞後面)除……以外
              No  one  saw  it  but  me  .      除了我沒有人看到。
                Dick  seldom  talks  of  anything  but  music  .      狄克很少談及音樂以外的事情。
I'm  going  to  start  feeding  you,  so  you're  bound  to  get  fat,  young  man!
then  you'll  be  my  birthday  dinner  yet  !
Hansel  and  Gretel  ,  left  in  the  woods  by  their  cruel  stepmother,  wandered  arounded
till  they  found  a  hose  (  made  of  gingerbread  ).
分詞構句
for  three  months  now  she's  made  Gretel  feed  him  to  fatten  him  for  a  birthday  feast  for  herself.
make  +  O  +  Vo
it  had  better  be  fatter
No  fatter  than  yesterday.  Or    the  day  before
it  just  no  use
I'll  have  to  eat  him  just  as  he  is.
Today  is  my  birthday,  and  I'll  have  him  for  dinner  -  thin  or  fat!
Help  me  build  up  the  fire  under  the  oven.
it  should  be  hot  enough  in  a  couple  of  hours.
That  oven  isn't    large  enough  to  hold  him.
there's  no  use  going  ahead.
It  won't  hold  him,eh  ?
You  couldn't  even  get  half-way  in.
let's  just  see  how  much  you  know  about  it.
Get  out  of  the  way.
a  lady  .  out  of  nowhere.
Right  where  Dascha  was  standing.
she  changed  me  into  the  bird  who  brought  you  here.
how  is  it  that  you're  free  now.
The  enchantment  was  broken  as  soon  as  the  witch  took  her  last  breath.
I  shall  always  be  grateful  to  you.
I'm  glad  you're  free.
I'd  like  to  reward  you  for  all  your  suffering.
I  can  show  you  what's  hidden  in  the    cottage.
Take  this  basket,  fill  it  as  full  as  you  can,  then  fill  your  pockets:  take  all  you  want.
I'm  sure  I'll  be  able  to  get  you  on  the  road  that  leads  to  your  home  before  I  say  farewell.
will  our  troubles  never  be  over?
Is  there  anyone  deep  in  the  forest  here  to  help  us?
I've  never  done  that  before.
I  can  carry  you  over  on  my  back.
When  I  land  in  the  water,  I'll  be  a  great  ,  fat  duck.
get  on  my  back.
I'd  rather  be  a  fairy  than  a  duck.
can  you  tell  us  if(  是否  )  the  road  ahead  will  lead  us  to  our  home?    
you  can't  (  get  lost  )  now.
I'm  going  to  swim  around  like  a  duck  some  more  before    I  change  myself  back.
I  never  really  hoped  for  anything  so  wonderful.
what's  happened  to  you  since  last  I  saw  you?
but  not  nearly  so  wonderful  as  having  you  home  again.
Can  you  ever  forgive  me  for  letting  yours  stepmother  do  what(  she  did  )?
And  our  troubles  are  over    now,  so  we'll  all  live  happily  together  forever  and  ever.

沒有留言:

張貼留言